Welcome to North Oglethorpe
North Oglethorpe is a small community that sits just northeast of the prestigious Oglethorpe University, west of the Peachtree Golf Club, and south of Silver Lake. You will find mostly newer construction in the area, but these million-dollar homes are absolutely stunning. Residents can easily walk to nearby shops and restaurants, and the Brookhaven-Oglethorpe MARTA station makes commuting throughout Atlanta a breeze. Major roadways like Georgia 400, I-285, and I-85 are also just minutes away. Because North Oglethorpe is located in DeKalb County, residents pay lower property taxes than many other Atlanta area communities.
- Price Range: High $400,000s to $1.5 million.
- Style: Modern traditional, Craftsman-style new construction, Midcentury ranches and split-levels.
- Lifestyle: Capital City Country Club, Peachtree Golf Club, Silver Lake, Oglethorpe University Museum of Art, Conant Performing Arts Center.
Things to Do In and Around North Oglethorpe
The neighborhood’s namesake, Oglethorpe University, boasts a wealth of cultural institutions that are worth checking out, including:
- Conant Performing Arts Center
- Oglethorpe University Museum of Art
For some local neighborhood eats, entertainment and grocery needs, just head to south of Oglethorpe University to the Town Brookhaven shopping center, which features:
- CinéBistro theatre
- Flying Biscuit Cafe
- Lucky’s Burgers and Brew
- Boogaloo’s Boutique
- LA Fitness
North Oglethorpe residents are also just minutes away from some of Atlanta’s world-class shopping and business centers, including:
- Perimeter Mall
- Lenox Square Mall
- Phipps Plaza
- The Shops Buckhead Atlanta
- Buford Highway, Atlanta’s famous international foodie corridor
Flanked by the scenic Silver Lake, there’s ample opportunity to enjoy nature in North Oglethorpe. You’ll find a wealth of luxury recreational opportunities in the area, including:
- Capital City Country Club
- Peachtree Golf Club
North Oglethorpe Real Estate
Many of the homes in North Oglethorpe are newer construction that range in traditional and contemporary styles.
- Styles: Modern traditional, Craftsman-style new construction, Midcentury ranches and split-levels.
- Prices start in the high $400,000s, but some homes can fetch prices as high as $1.5 million and beyond.
North Oglethorpe Schools
- Ashford Park Elementary School
- Montgomery Elementary School
- Chamblee Middle School
- Chamblee Charter High School
- Our Lady of Assumption
- St. Martin’s Episcopal School
- Marist School
- Oglethorpe University
- Emory University
Choose North Oglethorpe if you are looking for a small neighborhood near many great academic institutions, shopping and dining within walking distance, beautiful luxury homes, and access to major roadways.
Homes for Sale in North Oglethorpe
No results found.