Welcome to Dunwoody Forest
Dunwoody Forest may be one of Brookhaven’s best-kept secrets. The small established community of about 150 homes sits just off Chamblee Dunwoody Road in a quiet wooded area that feels more like a park than a suburban neighborhood. Many of the home sit off the road for an added touch of privacy you cannot find anywhere else in the area. The neighborhood backs up to Nancy Creek and Murphey Candler Park, which also means plenty of nature and amenities at your fingertips.
Dunwoody Forest sits just inside the I-285 perimeter, and considering the prime location, prices are surprisingly affordable. Combine that with DeKalb County’s lower tax rates, and Dunwoody Forest is quite a bargain. Its central location is convenient for anyone who works in Chamblee, Dunwoody, Perimeter Center, Buckhead, or Brookhaven.
- Price Range: $300,000 to $500,000.
- Style: Mid-century ranches, split-levels, two-story traditional.
- Lifestyle: Peachtree Golf Club, Capital City Country Club, Murphey Candler Park, Georgetown Shopping Center.
Things to Do In and Around Dunwoody Forest
In addition to the 135-acre Murphey Candler Park, there are several luxury golf courses and country clubs in the Dunwoody Forest area, including:
- Peachtree Golf Club
- Capital City Country Club
To grab a bite to eat or stock up on groceries, simply head up Chamblee Dunwoody Road to the Georgetown Shopping Center, where you’ll find dining and retail establishments like:
- Farm Burger
- Gilly’s Sports Bar
Because of its proximity to major roadways and the Dunwoody MARTA station, Dunwoody Forest residents can be in Buckhead, Midtown, and Downtown Atlanta in mere minutes to enjoy an array of shopping, business and entertainment opportunities:
- Town Brookhaven
- Perimeter Mall
- Lenox Square Mall
- Phipps Plaza
- Fox Theatre
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Georgia Aquarium
Dunwoody Forest Real Estate
While Brookhaven is home to plenty of new construction, there is something to be said about the charm of an established neighborhood like Dunwoody Forest. Many of the homes sit off the road on larger wooded lots compared to other neighborhoods in the area.
- Styles: Mid-century ranches, split-levels, two-story traditional.
- Prices typically range between $300,000 and $500,000.
Dunwoody Forest Schools
- Montgomery Elementary School
- Chamblee Middle School
- Chamblee Charter High School
- Marist School
- St. Pius X Catholic High School
- The Piedmont School of Atlanta
- Our Lady of Assumption Catholic School
- St. Martin’s Episcopal School
- Oglethorpe University
Choose Dunwoody Forest if you are looking for a quiet yet neighborly community with established homes on larger wooded lots and proximity to jobs in some of Atlanta’s top business districts.